Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Hiking with my new hiking partner ;-)

My 4th hike brought with it a new hiking partner, my son!  As I mentioned before I took on hiking as a spiritual journey in addition to doing something better for my health so including my son was important.  As we hiked the first half mile, I noticed that I struggled in the beginning of it however it became easy.  Maybe it was because he distracted me and talked all the way or maybe it was because the more I hike, the easier it will get.  Whatever it was, we had fun.  On the way up, I asked Joshua why he was doing this hike with me.  He said innocently, "For us.  You and me."   This made hiking all the more worth it.
Kudos to Joshua for getting me to walk further than I had before.  The advanced hikers were well ahead of us and chose to walk the entire length which is an additonal 0.8 miles.  This led Joshua to want to meet up with them.  We met them on their way down and walked approximately 0.5 miles, so in the end a total of about 3 miles!  It was very dark and we used our flashlights but he was determined to keep walking and of course I couldn't let my son walk on the side of a mountain by himself.  We finally caught up to the rest of our hiking group and then turned back.  Fortunately the ladies were with us because Joshua went way ahead of me on the walk down. 
I try to find meaning in everything and at the end of the walk I remembered that after Kayla died, Joshua was the one I was able to pick up and hold to comfort me.  He is the reason I kept living and gave me hope. 
Just as his name means in biblical terms, "God's Savior", he became his mommy's savior *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment